If you have a problem with any of these terms, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
1. GENERAL TERMS
- All drawings may or will include a subtle sign (artist’s mark or signature) that you may not remove.
- I might record the drawing process and post it on my youtube.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order that I do not feel comfortable drawing for any reason.
- Currency accepted is either GBP or USD and can be paid through Wave, PayPal, BACS, or cheque. Note: work will only begin after payment has cleared.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send me any payment before I have agreed to take the commission and requested payment.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
- I will notify you when I have started on your commission and you, therefore, lose the rights to a refund (see point 7 further below for more info on refunds)
- While I’m working on your commission I will make reviews with you to make sure I make it just right for you!
- The amount of reviews depends on the complexity of the work.
- During the reviews, you will see work-in-progress and these images will usually include a watermark and be smaller and less clear than the finished piece.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week – 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, and other work commitments.
- If anything comes up that will slow the progress of the initially estimated delivery time I will inform you as soon as possible.
- For Digital Commissions: Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork and send it do you. if requested this incurs a cost for printing and shipping.
- For Traditional Commissions using physical media on paper or canvas: Once the piece is finished you will receive a high-quality photograph of the finished piece. Usually the original piece would be
shipped to you with a charge for postage and packaging. We reccommend ‘frame and ship’ for pieces A4 or larger. If you want the image in a digital format only you may request a scan of the drawing or painting instead of having the original shipped to you. By doing so you give up the rights to the physical piece.
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
5. COPYRIGHT / USAGE POLICY
I, Amy Letts (the artist), claim the rights to the produced artwork, not the buyer. Therefore I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- Promote myself with it everywhere
- Publish books with it (artbooks, etc.)
- Display it everywhere to my liking (website, social media, etc.)
- Post it wherever I want
The buyer is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed otherwise (you can upload it on all your social media profiles, forums, etc.)
- Print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself.
- Use the artwork to promote themselves. (You don not have to give me credit when you post it but it is very much appreciated).
- Use the artwork on their Youtube channel and in monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main subject for the earnings.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Removing my signature from the artwork
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- I reserve the full rights to the image and it’s use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon (rights to the image for non-personal or commercial use may be purchased at any time).
6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- I will do everything I can to make my customers happy!
- If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me right away so we can find a solution together.
- I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start on your commission. E.g. If you do not want me to post your art anywhere.
7. REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- If your refund is refused and you request a Bank or Paypal chargeback at any point you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and full rights will revert to me. I will decline the chargeback and supply the payment processor with records as evidence that I have completed the agreed upon work. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
If the buyer breaks any of the points stated above they will lose all the beforementioned rights to the artwork commissioned by me, Amy Letts (the artist), and I will have the right to profit further from the commissioned artwork in any way I see fit.
These terms of service stand, unless changes are discussed and agreed upon with The Artist prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- For Digital Commissions: Full-resolution file at 300pdi of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.
- For Traditional/Physical Commissions: You will receive the Original by post, and are offered optional framing. If you want it sent in digital-only format (i.e. you do not want the physical piece) the picture will be scanned at 300pdi and sent to you.